SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RELATED TO COVID-19
COVID-19 has presented challenges to us doing site visits and we are adapting as much as possible. Until mid-November all of our habitat technicians were scheduling site visits with clear physical-distancing requirements. At this time, however, many of them are choosing to pause scheduling site visits for their safety and the site of the community they work in. Once the novel coronavirus settles down in our area we will resume all site visits with the physical distancing called for by public health officials. We ask for your patience as we pause our work for the safety of all, and again as we work through the backlog of signups once we resume. Your neighborhood technician will contact you via email when they reach your name on the list to schedule a visit. Thank you and stay safe!
The Backyard Habitat Team
Thank you for your interest in Backyard Habitat!
Things to know about enrolling:
- Fill out the form below.
- There is a one-time $35 fee. Please read more in our “What to Expect” page.
- If you’ve received an initial site visit in the past and are now ready for a certification visit, use the Contact Us page.
Our program currently works with sites that are smaller than one acre (exception for community sites such as schools, community gardens, religious institutions, etc.) in the following areas:
- Clackamas County – Damascus, Gladstone, Happy Valley, Jennings Lodge, Johnson City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Oregon City, Rivergrove, West Linn, Wilsonville
- Clark County – the entire county
- Multnomah County – Fairview, Gresham, and Portland (NEW communities: Wood Village and Troutdale beginning in Fall/Winter 2020)
- Washington County – Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, King City, and unincorporated Washington County (NEW communities: Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Sherwood beginning in Summer/Fall 2020)
At this time, there is unprecedented demand for the program, and site visits are being scheduled as quickly as possible. Our timeline for visiting newly enrollees sites are:
- Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington County – between 1 and 2 months after enrolling.
For NEW communities (Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Sherwood, Troutdale, and Wood Village) – between 3 and 6 months after enrolling. In these new communities, we are working through a waitlist that we anticipate wrapping up in winter 2020. Please sign up to be added to the Waitlist now, but DO NOT PAY until we contact you in a few months.
- Clark County – approximately 6 months. We are working through a long waitlist that we anticipate wrapping up in winter 2020. Please sign up to be added to the Waitlist now, but DO NOT PAY until we contact you in a few months.
If you’re in an area that we don’t yet serve, you can add yourself to our waitlist by signing up below (submit the enrollment form but don’t submit a payment). We’ll notify you if/when we expand into your area. In the meantime, things to know are:
- You can click on the Resources tab above to view general information on steps you can take now to create habitat!
- You can sign up for our free quarterly e-newsletter (see “Stay Informed” at the bottom of this page).
- No matter where you live, we can all make a difference in creating a region where people and wildlife thrive together!