Thank you for your interest in Backyard Habitat!
For the safety and comfort of all, please communicate with your habitat technician:
- If you have been feeling unwell or are currently sick
- If you would prefer they wear a mask
Thank you for joining our community, and stay safe!
The Backyard Habitat Team
Overview of the enrollment process
1) Read our “What to Expect” page for an overview of the process.
2) Fill out the form below to enroll. NOTE: If you’ve already received an initial site visit and are now ready for certification, don’t fill out a new enrollment form. Instead, use the Contact page.
3) Submit a one-time enrollment fee. Enrollment is offered on a sliding scale to help increase financial accessibility. Pay it forward if you can.
Our program area
Our program only works with properties smaller than one (1) acre, except for community sites such as schools, community gardens, religious institutions, etc. Please contact your local soil and water conservation district for residential lots larger than one (1) acre. NOTE: We can’t work with sections of residential properties.
Are you in our program area? Find out by using the magnifying glass on the top right corner of the map below. You’re inside the program area if your address falls within a colored area of the map.
* Clackamas County – Damascus, Gladstone, Happy Valley, Jennings Lodge, Johnson City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Oregon City, Rivergrove, West Linn, and Wilsonville.
* Clark County – the entire county.
* Multnomah County – Fairview, Gresham, Portland, Troutdale, and Wood Village.
* Washington County – Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, King City, unincorporated Washington County, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Sherwood.
Outside our service area
If you’re in an area that we don’t serve, you still can:
* Explore the Resources tab for general information on steps you can take to create a habitat.
* Sign up for our free quarterly e-newsletter (see “Stay Informed” at the bottom of this page).
No matter where you live, we can make a difference in creating a region where people and wildlife thrive together!
Timeline for visiting
We’re experiencing an unprecedented demand for the program. Site visits are being scheduled as quickly as possible. You can anticipate hearing from a habitat technician within 1 to 4 months after enrolling.