SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RELATED TO COVID-19: Due to public health concerns around COVID-19 we are postponing all site visits through the end of April. We will continue to assess the situation and update this page as needed. We are still taking new enrollments and encourage you to enroll below so you’ll be added to the waitlist. Once we’re able to resume site visits we’ll be facing a backlog so please expect a delay. Thank you for your understanding. Our co-managing partner organizations have posted responses to the virus that you may be interested to read: Portland Audubon and Columbia Land Trust.
Take care and all the best to you and your loved ones.
The Backyard Habitat Team
Thank you for your interest in Backyard Habitat!
Things to know about enrolling:
- Please sign up below.
- There is a one-time $35 fee. Please read more in our “What to Expect” page.
- If you’ve received an initial site assessment in the past and are now ready for a certification visit, use the Contact Us page.
Our program currently works with properties that are less than one acre (exception for community sites such as schools, community gardens, religious institutions, etc) in the following areas:
- Multnomah County – Fairview, Gresham, Portland at this time. (NOTE: Wood Village and Troutdale will be added in spring 2020.)
- Clackamas County – Damascus, Gladstone, Happy Valley, Jennings Lodge, Johnson City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Oregon City, Rivergrove, West Linn, Wilsonville.
- Washington County – Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, unincorporated Portland. (NOTE: Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Sherwood, Troutdale, Wood Village will be added in spring 2020).
- Clark County – starting in summer of 2020 we will be serving the entire county. For now, please sign up on the Waitlist but do not pay until we contact you.
At this time, there is unprecedented demand for the program and site visits are being scheduled as quickly as possible. Our timeline for visiting newly enrollees sites are:
- Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington County (Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, unincorporated Portland) – approx. 4-6 weeks after enrolling.
- Clark County – we are currently working through a long waitlist that we anticipate wrapping up in summer 2020. Please sign up on the Waitlist but do not pay until we contact you.
If you’re in an area that we don’t yet serve, you can add yourself to our waitlist by signing up below (submit the enrollment form but do not submit a payment) and we’ll notify you if/when we expand into your area. In the meantime, things to know are:
- You can click on our Resources tab above to view general information on steps you can take now to create habitat!
- You can sign up for our free quarterly e-newsletter (see “Stay Informed” at the bottom of this page).
- No matter where you live, we can all make a difference in creating a region where people and wildlife thrive together!