SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RELATED TO COVID-19
Throughout the pandemic we’ve adapted as much as possible in an attempt to keep everyone safe. We’re currently offering masked visits for anyone that prefers one, or to anyone who prefers not to share their vaccination status. We’re offering maskless site visits to participants who are vaccinated.
If you don’t feel well on the day of your site visit, or have had exposure to COVID-19, please let your technician know so they can reschedule. They will do the same.
Thank you for joining our community, and for helping us keep everyone safe!
The Backyard Habitat Team
Overview of the enrollment process:
- Fill out the form below to enroll.
*NOTE: If you’ve already received an initial site visit and are now ready for certification, don’t fill out a new enrollment form. Instead use the Contact page.
- Submit a one-time enrollment fee. Enrollment is offered on a sliding scale to help increase financial accessibility and remove barriers to participation. Pay it forward if you can.
- Read our “What to Expect” page for an overview of the process.
Our program area:
Our program is only able to work with residential sites that are smaller than 1 acre, OR with community sites (schools, community gardens, religious institutions, etc.) of any size within the areas listed below. If your lot is larger than 1 acre, please contact your local soil and water conservation district. PLEASE NOTE: We’re not able to work with smaller sections of lots that are larger than 1 acre.
- Clackamas County – Damascus, Gladstone, Happy Valley, Jennings Lodge, Johnson City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Oregon City, Rivergrove, West Linn, and Wilsonville
- Clark County – the entire county
- Multnomah County – Fairview, Gresham, Portland, Troutdale, and Wood Village
- Washington County – Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, King City, unincorporated Washington County, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Sherwood
Timeline for visiting:
We’re experiencing unprecedented demand for the program. Site visits are being scheduled as quickly as possible. You can anticipate hearing from a habitat technician within 1-4 months after enrolling.
Outside our service area:
If you’re in an area that we don’t yet serve, you can add yourself to our waitlist by signing up below (submit the enrollment form but don’t submit a payment). We’ll notify you if/when we expand into your area. In the meantime, things to know are:
- You can click on the Resources tab above to view general information on steps you can take now to create habitat!
- You can sign up for our free quarterly e-newsletter (see “Stay Informed” at the bottom of this page).
- No matter where you live, we can all make a difference in creating a region where people and wildlife thrive together!