SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RELATED TO COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 we suspended some of our program services, including site visits, in early March. We’ve started scheduling modified site visits in many parts of our program area in a way that allows for the physical distancing called for by public health officials. We ask for your patience as we adapt and work through the backlog of signups that we received over the last couple months. We encourage you to enroll now so that we can visit you as soon as possible. Your neighborhood technician will contact you via email when they reach your name on the list. Thank you and stay safe!
The Backyard Habitat Team
Thank you for your interest in Backyard Habitat!
Things to know about enrolling:
- Please sign up below.
- There is a one-time $35 fee. Please read more in our “What to Expect” page.
- If you’ve received an initial site visit in the past and are now ready for a certification visit, use the Contact Us page.
Our program currently works with sites that are less than one acre (exception for community sites such as schools, community gardens, religious institutions, etc.) in the following areas:
- Multnomah County – Fairview, Gresham, and Portland (NOTE: Wood Village and Troutdale will be added in September 2020.)
* Gresham/Fairview residents: click here for information on a special promotion.
* Residentes de Gresham/Fairview: haga clic aquí para obtener información sobre una promoción especial.
- Clackamas County – Damascus, Gladstone, Happy Valley, Jennings Lodge, Johnson City, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Oak Grove, Oregon City, Rivergrove, West Linn, Wilsonville.
- Washington County – Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, King City, and unincorporated Washington County. (NOTE: Cornelius, Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Sherwood added in summer 2020).
- Clark County – starting in the summer of 2020, we will be serving the entire county. For now, please sign up on the Waitlist but do not pay until we contact you.
At this time, there is unprecedented demand for the program, and site visits are being scheduled as quickly as possible. Our timeline for visiting newly enrollees sites are:
- Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington County (Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, King City, unincorporated Portland) – approx. 4-6 weeks after enrolling.
- Clark County – we are currently working through a long waitlist that we anticipate wrapping up in summer 2020. Please sign up on the Waitlist but do not pay until we contact you.
If you’re in an area that we don’t yet serve, you can add yourself to our waitlist by signing up below (submit the enrollment form but don’t submit a payment). We’ll notify you if/when we expand into your area. In the meantime, things to know are:
- You can click on our Resources tab above to view general information on steps you can take now to create habitat!
- You can sign up for our free quarterly e-newsletter (see “Stay Informed” at the bottom of this page).
- No matter where you live, we can all make a difference in creating a region where people and wildlife thrive together!