Take advantage of the many great resources our region has to offer. Don’t forget to use the Resource Packet you’re given during the Site Assessment and your follow-up Site Report. Plus, proceeds will support the protection of local wildlife when you shop at the Audubon Society of Portland’s Nature Store!
- The East Multnomah Soil Water Conservation District – free naturescaping workshops throughout the year.
- Friends of Tryon Creek – excellent classes in plant propagation and landscaping for wildlife.
- Metro – free natural gardening resources to help you garden chemical-free.
- “Bringing Nature Home: How Native Plants Sustain Wildlife in Our Gardens” by Douglas W. Tallamy
- “Encyclopedia of Northwest Native Plants for Gardens and Landscapes” by Kathleen Robson, Alice Richter and Marianne Filbert.
- “Gardening with Native Plants of the Pacific Northwest” by Arthur Kruckeberg
- “Plants of the Pacific Northwest Coast: Washington, Oregon, British Columbia, and Alaska” by Jim Pojar and Andy MacKinnon
- “Propagation of Pacific Northwest Native Plants” by Robin Rose, Caryn E. C. Chachulski and Diane L. Haas
- “Landscaping for Wildlife in the Pacific Northwest” by Russell Link
- “The Ann Lovejoy Handbook of Northwest Gardening: Natural, Sustainable, Organic” by Ann Lovejoy and Janet Loughrey
- “Real Gardens Grow Natives: Design, Plant, and Enjoy a Healthy Northwest Garden” by Eileen M. Stark