Noxious weeds threaten the health of our natural areas. The Backyard Habitat Certification Program will help you learn to identify and remove the most damaging of these plant species.
4-County Cooperative Weed Management Area
The Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah, and Washington County Cooperative Weed Management Area is a partnership of organizations, agencies, and non-profits dedicated to combating noxious weeds across the region.
- 4-County CWMA – website with extensive resources on area noxious weeds
Conservation districts can sometimes support larger sites by providing information and resources for restoration, weed removal, and farms.
- Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District
- Clark Conservation District
- East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District
- Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District
- West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District
Noxious Weed Resources
- Invasive Plants Poster – noxious weeds poster by City of Portland
- Invasive Species – website, complete with informational videos and articles on noxious weeds, by West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District
- Noxious Weed Information and Services – website by King County about noxious weed identification and control
- Urban Weeds – website by East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District’s with extensive info on nuisance urban weeds
- Weedwise – program and website by Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District, packed with valuable information