Decreasing and eventually eliminating the use of pesticides is essential for pollinators, birds, other wildlife, and for our own health and well-being. Our program is designed to help you go chemical-free.
Grow Smart Grow Safe & other garden product hazard level guides
- Grow Smart Grow Safe – website that Backyard Habitat references in our certification criteria that helps you select methods and products that are less toxic
- Grow Smart Grow Safe handout – handout to help you use the Grow Smart Grow Safe website.
- Common Pesticide Hazard Levels – reference guide by OSU Extension and Metro that uses red/yellow/green hazard ranking (similar to Grow Smart Grow Safe) for most-common yard and garden products
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- What is Integrated Pest Management Handout – handout to help you think through “pest” solutions and how to resolve them as naturally as possible.
Healthy Lawn Care Guides & Pledges
- Natural, Pesticide-Free Lawn Care – handout by City of Gresham
- Healthy Lawn Care – booklet by Clark County
- Healthy Lawn and Garden Pledge & Pesticide-Free Zone sign – pledge Metro-area residents can take to reduce or eliminate the use of pesticides in their yard and receive a pesticide-free zone ladybug sign
- Buying Bee-Safe Nursery Plants – handout by the Xerces Society.