Local Nurseries: We live in a region that is brimming with plant nurseries. But how can you choose a great nursery? We’re here to help! By partnering with local nurseries, we aim to improve the availability of locally native plants, stop the sale of noxious weeds, and get plants treated with toxic neonicotinoids off the shelves.
Use our handy, interactive map below to make smart nursery choices. Click on any nursery icon to learn more about its standards and practices.
Natives Seeds: Our region also has some seed producers that focus on native species. Here are some of them:
- Adaptive Seeds
- Heritage Seedlings
- Northwest Meadowscapes
- Pro Time Lawn Seed
- Reliance Seed
- River Refuge Seed Company
- Silver Falls Seed Co.
- Steele Acres Seed
- Sunmark Nursery
- Uprising Organics
- Willamette Wildlings
Other Local Plant Sales: Our region is rich with countless native plant sales each year. Check out each organization’s website for details.
- Friends of Tryon Creek Native & Hardy Plant Sale
- East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District Native Plant Sale
- Friends of Baltimore Woods Native Plant Sale
- Sparrowhawk Native Plants
- Many neighborhood associations, watershed councils, and garden clubs host native plant sales as fundraisers. Check with your neighborhood groups for more information.